Thursday 19 June 2008

Just Be (II)

I must admit that it is very hard to just be. Yesterday at Trinity, we had another one of our Hungry For God evenings. At the one the night before, I clearly felt God's Spirit upon me, however, last night I felt odd about the whole thing. I was desperate for more of God's presence, but felt nothing. I was becoming increasingly annoyed, by the fact that everyone else appeared to be being filled with the Spirit, and I was not. I know that God works in his timing, and not at our beck and call, but that did not help. Towards the end of the evening though things changed big time. We are privileged to have at Trinity some very anointed and inspired worship leaders. Whilst we were singing a song written by one of them, the words just resonated with me. I was tired and could not do things on my own, and needed God's help. At the same time, I was prayed for by three guys, one of whom had spoken prophetically into my life a few years ago. This time he was saying that he felt God say it was time for new beginnings, and that it was time to let some of the past go,he did not know that I had the same feeling about 12 hours earlier, but discounted it due to stroppiness. The cumulative effect of the song words and the prayer, enabled me to spend some quality time just being in the presence of God.

Today was still a struggle, as often after intimate times with God, we are attacked. I will persevere to just be with God, as it is attitude to have. I know God has something of signifigance planned for me to be part of, but I have to be patient and let Him prepare me for what ever it is in His time. Not being a patient person this is hard, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

1 comment:

  1. HI Martin. Managed to locate your blog. I found it very moving to read. Beers soon?

    Hitchmo

    ReplyDelete