Thursday 8 January 2009

Summer In The City - Well Cornwall Anyway

Whereas the snow which lay in the Cotswolds this week is pretty to look at, it has been a pain to deal with. Our road was not gritted until yesterday lunchtime, some four days after the snow happened, and a long time after regular sub zero day time temperatures started. It has been a skating rink to drive on, so being more cautious in my old age, I have limited my car use to essentials only. Yes, I've been walking, so I suppose some good has come from it! I have been feeling very cold and as a consequence down this week.

To cheer me up, and to do something constructive, I have booked our Summer holiday. A week in a small hotel in south west Cornwall. It's amazing how doing this one little thing, has brightened up my mood. Celtic heritage sites here I come, not forgetting the beach of course what ever the weather.

2 comments:

  1. We'll be off to Cornwall again this Summer. I love it. Partly prompted by the redundancy that's hovering and partly by the abysmal exchange rate.

    Which part are you off to? We'll probably be in the Penwith area. We had a lovely cottage in Newlyn the year before last for the fortnight Cheltenham was flooded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booked at a guest house just outside Marazion, with views across to St.Michaels Mount

    ReplyDelete