Thursday 22 May 2008

Fave Music

Just for fun I thought that I would list my favourite 25 pieces of music. They are not in any particular order. The reasons for their inclusion vary, though all have influenced me in one shape or form, be it “our song”, formative years music, or pieces that have got me through tough times, or just because I think they are good. Those who have known me for years will know why some are there, at least one is by a group I do not like, but think the chosen track is awesome.

Lynyrd Skynard Freebird
Queen Bohemian Rhapsody
Meatloaf Bat out of hell
Scorpions Since you came into my life
Terraplane Talking to myself
Alan Parsons Project Ammonia Avenue
Styx Dear John
Styx Renegade
Styx Best of times
John Miles Music is my first love
Elvis Costello Allison
Elvis Costello Oliver’s army
Specials Ghost town
Alice Cooper Poison
Guns & Roses Sweet child of mine
Chris de Burgh Don’t pay the ferryman
Cheap Trick Surrender
Aerosmith Rag doll
Black Sabbath Paranoid
Ozzy Osbourne Bark at the moon
Metallica Nothing else matters
Deep Purple Child of our time
Toto Africa
Rush Trees
Iron Maiden Run to the hills

You may not like them, but for better or worse they helped make me who I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment