Wednesday 6 January 2010

Resolutions

I have never been one for making new year resolutions, as they are easy to make, and even easier to break. There are lots of things that I should resolve to do something about. I could do with losing a fair bit of excess baggage, which would involve eating a bit less, rather than necessarily healthier, and exercising a bit more. I could be a "better" father and husband, by trying to be a bit less me centred and have more patience. I could be a better Christian, by praying more effectively, and by reading my bible in more depth.

All of the things mentioned above, and more, I could do, but would probably fail. Why? I am an expert in both theory, and in trying to do things in my own strength. These alone will lead to failure. I need to rely on God more, and truly expect Him to keep His promises that are given to us in the bible. He alone is the giver of life giving strength. If I ask Him for help, He will freely give it. My life does not then become an easy ride, free from struggle and pain. Far from it! Life though, in partnership with God, is a life worth living, and I pray (not resolve) that I may trust Him more this year.

I hope and pray that as we start this new decade, that God will bless your lives as well as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment