Monday 22 December 2008

A Life Defined By Music - Sunday, Bloody Sunday

This one is not about a specific event as such, but the realisation that it could be "cool" to be a Christian. To me it appeared that gradually some well known artists were "coming out of the closet" and publicly declaring their Christianity. These included Bob Dylan, Nick Beggs from Kajagoogoo, and Mike Peters from The Alarm. In addition to two previously mentioned bands After The Fire and Stryper. The Greenbelt festival was getting mentioned in the mainstream news media, as a comparison to the problems at events such as Reading.

Suddenly out of nowhere the band U2 appeared on my radar. I must admit that I have not been over keen on their more recent stuff, but the first few albums blew me away. To my mind Sunday, Bloody Sunday is the best track they have ever done, which is why I have included it in this series. This version is from a live concert at Slane Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment