Wednesday 24 December 2008

A Life Defined By.........Music

Music was my first love
And it will be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past

To live without my music
Would be impossible to do
In this world of troubles
My music pulls me through

Music was my first love
And it will be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past
And music of the past
And music of the past

Those words from John Miles say it all really, but I will add a few more thoughts on the subject.

In life everything is always changing, relationships, friendships, jobs, where you live, all come and go. An individual's relationship with God is often changing too, either nearer or further away, as the old billboard said, "If God seems far away, guess who's moved".

I would expect that my relationships with God, my wife and boys, and friends will continue to grow and strengthen, however, I know from experience that things do and can change. In my life, the one constant has been music, or specifically the ability of music to touch me where I am at any given moment. I know that as a Christian the one constant should be God, but as mentioned above, our relationship with Him is always changing. His with us, however, is always constant, a subtle but significant difference. I suppose that you could argue that God gave the ability to the song writers and musicians in the first place, so it is He that is reaching for us in that way.

So there you have it, my life as defined by music, ten pieces of music that define where I have come from. They are certainly not my ten favourite pieces of music, but they have all been highly significant in some way or another. As life goes on, so does the musical journey, and undoubtedly down the years other significant events will always be associated with certain pieces of music.

To conclude then here is Music as performed by John Miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment