Friday 25 July 2008

Cornerstone (II)

If you have read my earlier post on All I Want, you will know that I have struggled with the Hungry for God nights moving to Thursdays, as that is the day that Cheltenham Trinity have our football night. I have been prompted by God to now look upon this as an opportunity, rather than a setback. I have benefited greatly from the Hungry nights, but God can bless us as and when He chooses, not just at large events. By laying down the chance to go to the Hungry nights on a regular basis, I believe that God will open up as yet unknown opportunities for us. As a result of the night change, Alpha is moving from Thursday to Tuesday, so longer clashes with football. Maybe an opening there for some?

I am wondering if the change in the Hungry night to the football night is a coincidence? The dictionary says that a coincidence is "notable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent casual connection". An alternative definition is a set of circumstances ordained by God. Throughout my life I can look back and see situations where I've wondered why am I at this place at this time, and then seen God do some amazing stuff. If the coincidence that had put me there had not happened, I would not have been blessed, or been in the position of being a blessing to someone else.

I have come to see these God ordained coincidences as opportunities, once I've dealt with the natural disappointment of missing out on the original thing. If we are to take what God has given us, out into our natural environments, and then give it away, we must use these opportunities. I must continue to get filled up by God, and I am sure that He will present me with other opportunities to be so.

In short, I feel another cornerstone of my faith must be to recognise and use God ordained opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment